Week 2 - Surfing the Tsunami



Artificial Intelligence

If you are anything like me when you hear the words artificial intelligence you immediately think of science fiction or The Terminator. But with the help of the book Surfing the Tsunami- An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Options for Responding, I have just begun to learn more about it. The fact is that artificial intelligence is not mere science fiction and it is already impacting us. Some highlights from the first chapter of this book are that artificial intelligence is allowing automation of tasks and processes more and more. Artificial intelligence is also giving rise to autonomy that is constantly victorious over statements such as 'only humans could do that.'


Image result for adaptability

Adaptability

The biggest take away for me from the first chapter of this book is adaptability. If I wish to succeed, I have to be able to evolve. I no longer can think of artificial intelligence as science fiction. For me to be able to do this, I need to invest time in learning and understanding. Also, the book mentioned artificial intelligence advance being unpredictable, which is even more of a reason for me to learn and evolve. Whether it is artificial intelligence or any other aspect of life, adaptability is key for success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 - New Rules of Marketing & PR

Week 7 - AI's Impact on Business Behavior

Week 8 - Product Planning